Saturday, March 6, 2010

More musings on the no-shopping experiment

OK, so I've realized a few things now that the no-shopping experiment has been going on for a while.  In particular, some stuff just can't be replaced easily.  I'm almost out of wine, so it is now exempt. Peanut butter and tofu are also exempt.  They're not dairy but in my mind they're part of the same vegetarian protein source group as dairy.
Bread and cereal also fall into a grey zone.  I don't eat a lot of cereal, but it's nice to have around.  I replaced my supply today.   I'm going to try to continue to bake bread, at least until I use up most of my flour.
I've made a pretty good dent in the frozen leftover soups, so that's good.  They will be replenished shortly once I start cooking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment