Monday, September 6, 2010

Quinoa with Corn and Black Beans

It's been a while since I cooked quinoa, so I didn't remember the proper proportion of liquid to grain.  I went online to look it up, and ran across this recipe.  I had most of the ingredients on hand, and it sounded good and had very positive reviews.
I made it more or less as described in the recipe, with the following changes.  I had some fresh corn, so I used that, I didn't have any cilantro, so I omitted it, and I only used one can of beans, as recommended by many of the reviewers.
It is pretty tasty, and I'll make it again.  The combination of corn and quinoa always works well.  I ate it with chicken leftovers, but it would be good in a burrito or with a little sour cream.  I would probably take it in the opposite direction and increase the amount of quinoa and stick with one can of beans next time.
Don't believe the part about it making ten servings, though.  I'll probably get 4 or 5 servings out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment