Sunday, April 11, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

I reached critical mass on the no-shopping experiment recently.  My freezer is noticeably less full, even though I keep putting tupperware containers of soup in there. I can even see the floor, if i move stuff around. There is also free space in my cupboard now.  I've used up at least 20 lbs of flour, and may need to buy more before I move.  I've also used up 4 lbs of steel cut oats (do the math - I eat them for breakfast almost every day)  I should make it, assuming that I cook the remaining turkey and roast.
I'm not so worried about condiments, dried goods, etc.  I've certainly been running my supplies down, but it's easier just to pass those along to my mom.  I'm running down my liquor cabinet as well but will take that with me.
I'm not sure if the no-shopping experiment has been good or bad for my diet. It's a wash. I weigh the same as I did when it started.  I keep telling myself that if I weren't doing the no-shopping experiment I'd eat fewer carbs and would lose weight, but I suspect I'd also eat more tasty pre-prepared stuff and it would balance out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment